Pages

August 31, 2010

It's still Tuesday!

At least where I am. So the statement in my last post that I would "post about... something" still stands. Especially since I finished editing a few hours ago and have been sitting around eating vital meals and continuing my project of watching Brotherhood 2.0 videos from the very beginning.

Yes. The VERY beginning. I'm at the beginning of August 2007 now.

If you're not aware, that's a lot of videos. Eventually my brain is going to melt from the level and quantity of awesome I'm seeing.

So anyway, as long as I post this within the next... hm... fifty-six minutes, the statement I made in my last post will be true.

My only problem is I don't know what to blog about. Oy.

(I just spent the last minute spacing out while staring at my computer screen. This may not end well.)

(*Spaces.* I think it'd be fun to be an astronaut. But I'd rather interview people who do astronaut-y stuff. I like hanging out on Earth.)

Oh! In a comment on my last post, Nicole asked what I was editing. As of yet, I haven't really talked about my own writing, so I guess I should get on that. Good idea, and thanks Nicole for the inspiration!

No, what I was editing earlier today was not my WIP. It was actually a short story of, you guessed it, 2,540 words, and I'm editing it for submission to a contest. Yay! I won't be posting it, though, because... well, I'm submitting it to a contest. Yeah. I don't know if it necessarily fits in a YA/Adult genre type thing, but it's realistic fiction. Yup.

My WIP (referenced in the WIP It Good thing on the left *points*), though, is definitely YA, kind of in a magical realism kind of way. Once the entire concept gets more concrete in my mind, I'll be able to give it a specific genre while actually sounding sure of myself, but right now I'm getting the vibe that it's more contemporary than anything else, but it has one fantastical part to it, so I hesitate to put that label. Therefore, magical realism will work for me. For now.

Once I get more written I may post a couple teasers, but that won't happen until I have around 5 or 10k before I'm comfortable enough with that. Until then, though, I'll leave you with the first line:

The plan was simple: Big explosions. No trace of a body. An empty casket at the funeral for the pranking.

This is different for me, since I've never actually written contemp seriously. But yeah! There we go.

UPDATE

Oh, right. Also, in the week or so, I may be scarce when it comes to blogging, or I may blog an awful lot, the reason being that I'm getting a shiny new Macbook Pro on Thursday and I will either be very confused and exploring the nooks and crannies of it OR I will be super excited and want to use it as much as possible while being very confused. :) Just a heads up.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Well that's exciting! Good luck in the competition *grin* and you can post it afterwards right? Otherwise never feel you have to post. Much better to post when inspired, people respond to passion :) And cute/funny pics are an easy save too!

kstine said...

Thanks! Sorry I haven't back to you until now.. but hmm, I'm actually not sure about posting it afterwards, haha. We'll have to see after the results (but those will be a LONG time coming...) And that's a great point about people responding to passion! :)

Post a Comment